Chin & Lip Augmentation in Delhi
Reshaping and enhancing the size of the chin and lips are the important needs in today’s lifestyle where we are believing in the fact that “The first impression is the last impression”. A person’s first impression obviously depends on the facial features. Perfectly sized and shaped lips and chin enhance the facial beauty of a person. Chin augmentation and lip augmentations are surgical procedures that are performed to alter the facial structure in order to improve the facial features. The procedure includes reduction (mentoplasty) and the addition (genioplasty) of materials to the chin of the patient.
The following points must be considered by a surgeon before doing chin augmentation:
- The texture of the skin
- Face anatomic proportion
- History of a facial trauma
- Ageing face
Face examination is the most important step before performing the chin augmentation. This surgical procedure can be done either by inserting an implant or by reshaping or resizing the chin bone.
How the Chin surgery is performed?
- The surgeon will first take an X-ray of the face and chin to find out what part of the chin to operate on.
- A local or general anesthesia will be given in order to avoid unnecessary pain during the surgery.
- An incision will be made to either inside or outside the chin to create a pocket to place the implant (in case of implant placement) or to move the jaw bone.
- The implants are made up of silicon, Teflon or Dacron.
- The surgeon will close the surgical cuts with the help of sutures.
Vermillion border treatment
Why the chin and lip augmentation are important?
Augmentation of the chin and lips are gaining popularity nowadays because these two determine the complete symmetry and balance to the entire face. They can also affect the other facial structures for example if a person’s chin is very small then it can be possible that their nose will look too large and out of proportion. A pointed chin and properly shaped lips define the beauty of the face. Surgeons try to achieve complete facial symmetry and add more balance to face after performing the lip and chin augmentation.